How To Adopt
The adoption process
In an effort to be as fair as possible to each prospective family, we use a waiting list and deposit system. If you want to purchase a puppy from a current or upcoming litter, please follow these steps:
1. Contact us and we will place your name on the waiting list for a puppy from that litter.
2. When your puppy is available we will notify you. If you choose to adopt the puppy, let us know and within five business days, send in a nonrefundable deposit of $200 via mail or via Paypal.
3. As soon as your deposit is received, you will be notified, and your reservation will be secured.
4. If your deposit is not received within five business days, the next person on the waiting list will be notified of the puppy’s availability.
5. After your puppy’s availability date, you can pick him or her up from Ranch Hand Dachshunds and pay the balance of the adoption fee. You will also receive the puppy’s vaccination/veterinarian and breeding records.
Return policy: Your puppy should be examined by your own veterinarian within 48 hours of adoption. If any genetic defect is found, you may return the puppy to Ranch Hand Dachshunds for a replacement puppy. If, for any other reason, you are unable to keep your puppy (allergies, apartment policy, etc.), please return him/her to Ranch Hand Dachshunds rather than taking him/her to a shelter.
About Our Dogs
Our sires, dams and puppies are raised in our own home, as our pets. They are socialized by hand by the family, with lots of love and attention provided to each and every one. They are started on crate training as well, and they are not removed from their mothers until the very last minute (usually, when delivered to their new owners).
What does this mean for you? It means that your puppy from Ranch Hand Dachshunds will spend his or her first critical days and weeks feeling completely secure and loved, which leads to a sweet disposition and easy adaptability to your family!
Doxie Fun Facts
Dachshunds are a healthy breed, of high intelligence and medium energy.